Why do dog farts smell so bad? We've got answers.
Its the best time of the day when you finally get to kick back on the couch and cuddle up with your pooch. Suddenly, there's an unprovoked assault of the nose. Gross! Your dog farted and it can clear an entire stadium of people.
What's that smell?
Hydogene Sulfide. AKA Sulfer.
What's causing all these farts?
- High-fat and high-fiber diets
- Milk Products
- Spoiled food
- Change in diet
- Gastrointestinal disease
- Eating too fast
- Food allergies and sensitivities
How to improve your pups farting habits:
- Be conscious of what you are feeding your pup. If you're unsure of what is causing such horrendous gas, try an elimination diet.
- Dog treats that contain charcoal have shown to reduce the stench level of farts.
- Do not let your pup eat random items they find on walks or at the park.
- Look for dog bowls made specifically to slow down their eating.
- Probiotics may help significantly with your pups digestive health.
- Take your pup for some exercise.
If the gas still persists, please refer to your veterinarian for professional advice.